Location: 2 1st Ave #123, Peabody, MA 01960
We are looking for a meticulous and detail-oriented surgical coordinator to be responsible for administrative and clerical tasks and sales. The surgical coordinator’s responsibilities include consulting with potential patients about cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and managing and overseeing an ambulatory surgical center. Detailed responsibilities include and are not limited to scheduling appointments with the surgeon, calling patients to remind them about their appointments, rescheduling appointments, and scheduling patients’ surgeries. The surgical coordinator will also file paperwork, prepare bills, manage inventory in OR, work with Icon Anesthesia Group and comply with all AAAASF regulations.
To be a successful surgical coordinator, you should be detail-oriented and meticulous. You should have excellent typing and computer skills, as well as strong communication and customer service skills. You need to be fast to build lifelong relationships and have sales experience.
Our ideal candidate understands the overall surgical process and gains joy from helping people through this experience. This key teammate will usher our patients through the entire experience – from their first call with us, through the consultation, quoting, invoicing, and scheduling process. It also will include coordinating their medical tests (as needed) as well as their pre-and post-operative care.
If you are a great guide/coach, have surgical coordination experience, can work full-time, and are excellent at managing details, please consider our team!
The Surgical Coordinator is responsible for:
- Work hand in hand with VP of Sales and Operations, Regional Manager and all Clinic staff
- Managing the “pipeline” – which includes responding in a timely fashion to our leads generated from marketing programs, moving them into a consultation with our practice, and then continuous follow up through their scheduling of the surgery and post-care;
- Performing all administrative responsibilities to facilitate their surgical and non-surgical process – faxing, confirmations, consenting/form signing, calls and checklists;
- Coordinating with vendors
- Maintain price integrity of practice through quotes and invoices; ensure 100% accuracy of deposits, payments and scheduling;
- The Patient Coordinator is responsible for making outside calls to generate interest through community marketing, health & wellness trade shows including outbound marketing to local complimentary businesses
- Working with Doctor and Management to report on progress with patients;
- Escalate any patient issues professionally and collaborate with Doctor/Management to implement solutions;
- Maintain all records in accordance with HIPAA requirement as well internal confidentiality requirements;
- Prior experience using scheduling and software;
- Willingness to use all automated practice solutions for tracking and maintenance;
- Be the “face” of the practice to all patients, vendors and referring doctors; maintain professional demeanor and represent our brand.
- Be able to “sell” the practice, the doctor, and manage all aspects of pipeline with a strong record moving people from consults to surgery.
- Participate in team meetings, practice operations, share ideas, implement new processes, technologies and equipment
- Administrative duties as needed
- Consulting with potential patients on all procedures offered by the ambulatory surgery center.
- Giving new patients paperwork to fill out, putting together their medical charts, and verifying their insurance information.
- Answering telephones and emails as well as common questions about surgical times, appointments, and instructions.
- Preparing patients’ bills and securing patient financing if necessary.
- Assisting patients with their documents and sign-in procedures.
- Scheduling patients’ appointments and surgeries, sending reminders to patients, and scheduling emergency and add-on surgeries.
- Ensuring adequate preparation for surgeries by scheduling the necessary equipment and procedure rooms and maintaining the surgical inventory.
- Understanding surgical procedures, such as the necessary time a surgery takes and the medical staff necessary, in order to properly maintain a surgical schedule.
- Providing patients with pre and post-operative instructions.
- Managing surgical documents, gathering and inputting patients’ information, and entering post-surgery data into patients’ records.
- Ensuring all surgical cases are scheduled in a timely manner in accordance with the Physician or Surgeon’s directions.
- always Ensuring compliance with AAASF standards.
WHY SKIN MD?
Lucrative Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits:
- Rewarding compensation packages including un-capped commission potential
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid time off:
- 10 paid vacation days your 1st year
- 4 PTO days a year
- 6 paid company holidays – Christmas, New Years Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and July 4th
- Employees can receive free services
- Additional discounted cosmetic services for employee and family
- Cosmetic product discounts
- Company-paid training
- Strong company culture
- Empathy to work with people who may be sensitive and engaging in a cosmetic surgical experience for their first time;
- Teamwork to work with others in a small practice – no task is too small or insignificant
- Friendly – have an easy way of making people feel comfortable with you and the practice;
- Relatable – patients need to feel like you are in it with them;
- Positive/Even-Tempered – practices are busy – be able to maintain calm for yourself, teammates and patients;
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities are essential.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in clerical, administrative, or secretarial work may be advantageous.
- Good computer, telephone, and typing skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, and medical records.
- Experience with AAASF
- Former experience In an ambulatory surgical center or Physician-owned medical spa.
- Experience in ordering medical Supplies and inventory management
If you are interested in joining a company that values its employees and encourages job ownership in a supportive environment, please apply today! To learn more about SKIN MD and our services please visit us at www.skinmd1.com
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Peabody, MA